|Why register .tj?|
|Tajikistan is located in Central Asia. The population is estimated to be 96th in the world rank list. The largest city and capital are Dushanbe. Tajikistan has 55,300 sq mi area and ranked 94th.
It has a transition economy that is highly dependent on remittances, aluminium and cotton production. If you conduct business from within Tajikistan, it is time to register a .TJ domain extension. Registering a dot 'TJ' country code extension (top level domain name) will increase credibility for your business across the globe. Why? Country-code domains are meant specifically for businesses that do business within a particular country--in this case, Tajikistan. The .com domain (and other generic TLDs) are not targeted and that online space is saturated--and you likely already have the .com for your business.
Extend your brand presence with a more relevant, shorter domain--a ccTLD that differentiates you from competitors. Identify yourself as an official Tajikistan business owner and give your clients and constituents more confidence as they interact with you online. Country code domains also help you rank higher in local search results.
I. GENERAL RULES
1. An official two-letter code of the Republic of Tajikistan TJ assigned by the international standard ISO 3166-1 is a country code top level domain name (ccTLD) of Tajikistan according to the classification of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
2. Information Technology Center is a Sponsoring Organization (hereinafter Manager) for registration and delegation of the second level domain names in TJ zone
3. Administration of the top level domain TJ, registration and delegation of the second level domain names *.TJ (hereinafter – Domains), are carried out according to the present Regulations (Regulations), developed in collaboration with the Tajikistani Internet-community and requirements of the international standards and recommendations (see Annex 4).
4. The Manager shall define legal or physical entities that perform registration of the second level domain names in TJ zone (hereinafter - Registrars) in accordance with requirements to Registrar (see Annex 3) and the present Regulations. Manager and Registrar shall interact on the basis of a bilateral agreement.
II. THE ORDER OF REGISTRATION (DELEGATION) OF DOMAIN NAMES
1. Registration and delegation of Domain names shall be performed for legal and physical entities of the Republic of Tajikistan and also for the legal and physical entities of the foreign states.
2. Legal and physical entities of Republic of Tajikistan shall have a priority on registration and delegation of dispute Domain names under other equal conditions.
3. The number of Domain names registered by the same legal or physical entity is not limited.
4. An application to register a Domain name is submitted through the Registrar.
5. An application to register a Domain name shall correspond to a template (see Annex 1) and could be submitted in either hardcopy or electronic copy in any of the Tajik, Russian or English languages.
6. All applications for Domain names registration are considered in order of their submission on a «first come, first serve" basis.
7. The duration of an application consideration by the Registrar should not exceed 3 (three) weekdays.
8. From the moment of an application submission and until its final consideration an applied Domain name is considered as reserved one by applicant.
9. In a case of the positive decision acceptance, the applicant shall render all procedural steps required by the Registrar within one month. In a case of not rendering established requirements the application is rejected and the reserved Domain name is accessible for registration.
10. The result of Domain name registration is adding an entry into the TJ domain names database and delegation on management of DNS servers specified in the application.
III. SYNTACTIC RULES
1. A Domain name may only consist of symbols ASCII in an interval [a-z], numbers [0 - 9] and hyphen “- “.
2. A Domain name must contain from 2 up to 63 symbols. The order of registration of two-letter second level Domain names in TJ zone is specified in Annex 2.
3. First and last symbol must be a letter or number.
4. A Domain name cannot consist of numbers solely
IV. RESERVED DOMAIN NAMES
1. The list of the reserved Domain names (see Annex 2) is created to facilitate structuring of space names in TJ zone.
2. The Domain names from the reserved Domain names list must not be registered.
V. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF REGISTRARS
1. Registrar bears all responsibility for usage of the service provided by Manager.
2. Registrar is obliged to perform its activity on registration of Domain names in TJ zone, according to the acting legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the present Regulations.
3. Registrar has a right to make solely decision on accepting registration or rejecting registration.
4. Registrar is obliged to add an entry and update on time the information about Registrant on a server of service WHOIS. The Registrar does not bear the responsibility for reliability and accuracy of the information provided by Registrant.
VI. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF REGISTRANTS
1. Registrant bears all responsibilities for usage of the service provided to him by Registrar.
2. Registrant submitting application for registration is fully responsible for a choice of its Domain name.
3. Registrant is obliged to perform its activity on usage of Domain names in TJ zone, according to the acting legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the present Regulations.
4. Registrant, submitting the application, agrees with acting Regulations of registration and guarantees that specified in the application details (see Annex 1) are valid.
5. Registrant is obliged to update the Registrar about any changes in its data.
6. In case of a Domain name redelegation Registrant is obliged to notify the Registrar about a change of the Domain name owner's name.
VII. DOMAIN NAME AND TRADEMARK
1. The registered Domain name does not have a trademark status.
2. Registration of Domain names similar to popular names or/and trademarks (typesquatting) is not recommended.
3. Registrant shall avoid choosing for a Domain name words identical to names of well-known trademarks and the organizations.
4. Registrant bears full responsibility for its possible infringement of the trademarks or other intellectual property rights, as well as for conflict situations caused usage of the names of other organizations.
VIII. REJECTION, WITHDRAW AND SUSPEND OF REGISTRATION
1. The application for a Domain name registration is rejected by the Registrar in the following cases:
- the application does not meet the established form (see Annex 1);
- the applied name includes abuse words or expressions;
- the applied name does not meet syntactics requirements;
- the applied name is already registered or included in the list of the reserved names;
- the fee for registration of a Domain name is not paid
2. Manager has the right to withdraw registration or to suspend delegation of a name in cases if:
- in case of numerous and repeating technical mistakes, and also mistakes and infringements on name administration, which make impossible use of a Domain name and cause malfunctioning of the domain names system as a whole;
- a dispute with a third party rose, on the basis of the dispute resolution (section IX);
- payment for registration or a re-registration of a Domain name has not been made on time;
- use of the given name violates the current legislation of Republic Tajikistan;
- there is a corresponding decision of the Court of the Republic of Tajikistan.
IX. DISPUTES RESOLUTION
1. Disputes arising at registration of Domain names in TJ zone are resolved in accordance with the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP, http://www.icann.org/udrp), accepted ICANN in October, 1999.
2. Manager assigns dispute resolution providers for settlement of disputes arose at registration of Domain names in TJ zone.
3. Disputing parties shall be liable for all expenses caused by dispute resolution process.
X. THE ORDER OF CHANGES IN THE REGULATIONS
1. The present Regulations can be changed in the following cases:
- recommendations of the international organizations for assigning addresses and names in Internet – ICANN and IANA;
- suggestions and recommendations of the Internet-community
2. Any changes in the Regulations are preliminary published in the Internet for public discussion and are accessible in the official site of the Manager (www.nic.tj)
3. In case of the contradiction of the present Regulations with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan the norms of legislation shall be applied.
TEMPLATE of APPLICATION FORM
for registration of the second level domain name in TJ zone
Part 1. Information necessary to sign contract: Domain name
(Purpose of registration)
For Legal Entities:
Name of Organization
Legal address of organization
Contact phone number
For Individuals (physical entity):
Contact phone number
Part 2. Information to be added into the registration database: Domain Name Owner:
DNS servers for domain name to be registered:
Primary Server Hostname
Primary Server Netaddress
Secondary Server Hostname
Secondary Server Netaddress
LIST OF THE RESERVED DOMAIN NAMES
1. DOMAIN NAMES FOR PUBLIC USAGE
1.1. Industrial Domain Names
Industrial Domain names are assigned for registering domain names of the third level considering industry, subordination and other similar specifications. Third level industrial domain names are considered equal to the second level domain names in TJ zone and while registered the current Regulations are applied for them. To the Industrial Domain Name are enrolled:
- ac.tj – for scienctific and research organization, academic institutions
- biz.tj – for commercial organizations
- com.tj (co.tj) – for commercial organizations
- edu.tj – for educational establishments
- int.tj – for international organizations
- name.tj – public domain names
- net.tj – for organizations that implement Internet development related projects
- org.tj – for non-commercial organizations
- web.tj – public domain names.
1.2. Geographical Domain Names
Geographical Domain Names are considered accepted signs for administrative and territorial units, regions, cities, towns and other living areas of the Republic of Tajikistan, such as tajikistan.tj, badakhshan.tj, soghd.tj, khatlon.tj, dushanbe.tj etc.
1.3. Two-letter Domain Names
Two-letter Domain names has been temporary assigned an exclusive status and conditions of their registration shall be developed jointly by Manager and the Tajikistani Internet community as an ammendment to the current Regulations.
2. DOMAIN NAMES USED FOR STATE NEEDS
Administration of the domain names reserved for the state needs shall be arranged in order and rules defined by the corresponding state bodies. To the reserved for the state needs Domain names belong:
- gov.tj (go.tj) – for the states bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan
- mil.tj – for the organizations subordinate to the Military Forces of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. DOMAIN NAMES RESERVED FOR REGISTRY PURPOSES
Number of the domain names is reserved for the technical and similar purposes. Such domain names are:
- test.tj – to be used for testing purposes
- nic.tj – is assigned to the TJ domain maintenance service.
REQUIREMENTS TO .TJ DOMAIN NAMES REGISTRAR
1. .TJ Domain Names Registrar shell be legal or individual entity of Tajikistan.
2. Registrar shell have valid license to provide ICT service obtained from the Ministry of Communication of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. Registrar shell have its own Internet-node.
4. The computer system of Registrar shell satisfy the recommendations of RFC 1035 è RFC 2181.
5. Registrar's Registration Database shell satisfy the following requirements:
- contain Domain Administrators' contact information;
- contain Registration Period information
- contain archive information on processing of requests for registration;
- provide an possibility to change of Domain Registration Data in accordance with Client applications.
6. The Domain Names Registration System Units shell provide protection from unauthorized access to the system.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS
REGULATED THE PROCEDURES OF REGISTRATION AND
MANAGING THE DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM IN INTERNET
1. Request for Comments 2181 "Clarifications to the DNS Specification" - R.Elz, R.Bush - July 1997.
2. Request for Comments 1912 "Common DNS Operational and Configuration Errors" - D.Barr - February 1996.
3. Request for Comments 1591 "Domain Name System Structure and Delegation" – J.Postel - March 1994.
4. Request for Comments 1535 "A Security Problem and Proposed Correction With Widely Deployed DNS Software." - E. Gavron. - October 1993.
5. Request for Comments 1123 "Requirements for Internet Hosts - Application and Support" - R.Braden - October 1989.
6. Request for Comments 1035 "Domain names - implementation and specification" - P.V.Mockapetris - November 1987.
7. Request for Comments 1034 "Domain names - concepts and facilities" - P.V.Mockapetris - November 1987.
8. Request for Comments 1033 "Domain administrators operations guide" - M.Lottor - November 1987.
9. Request for Comments 1032 "Domain administrators guide" - M.K.Stahl - November 1987.
10. Request for Comments 0973 "Domain system changes and observations" - P.V.Mockapetris - January 1986.
11. Request for Comments 0921 "Domain name system implementation schedule - revised" - J.Postel - October 1984.
12. Request for Comments 0920 "Domain requirements" - J.Postel, J.K.Reynolds - October 1984.
13. Request for Comments 0883 "Domain names: Implementation specification" - P.V.Mockapetris - November 1983.
14. Request for Comments 0882 "Domain names: Concepts and facilities" - P.V.Mockapetris - November 1983.
15. Request for Comments 0799 "Internet name domains" - D.L. Mills - September 1981.
16. IANA TLD "Delegation Practices Document" (ICP-1), May 1999.
17. Standard ISO 3166.
18. RIPE-007 "Some practical DNS advice", February 1990.
19. RIPE-203 "Recommendations for DNS SOA Values", June 1999.
20. RIPE-203 "Taking Care of Your Domain", May 1994
January 19, 2004