AG Domain Name Rules Summary
Use only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-")
Domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen
Domain names cannot have more than 63 characters, not including .AG, .COM.AG, .NET.AG, .ORG.AG, .EDU.AG, .GOV.AG, ETC.
Maximum length of a complete (Fully Qualified, FQDN) domain name (including .separators) is 255 characters
Minimum length of a domain name is 1 character, not including extensions.
A name may begin with a digit
One and two character domain names are allowed
Domain names considered offensive may be declined
For domains to be active on the Internet, they must have at least one configured and working name server.
There is no restriction on the physical location or IP address of these name servers.
Domain names may be re-sold
A domain name registration shall be for an initial 2 year period, and should be renewed at least annually thereafter.
A domain name can initially be registered for 2-9 years period
A domain name can be renewed for 1-9 years period
There is no restriction on the number of domain names that a single entity or person can register.
A domain name may be revoked if it is used for offensive, immoral or illegal purposes, this includes "Spam".
A domain name may be revoked if found to be in contravention of published policies and procedures
A domain name may be suspended or revoked if Nic AG is directed by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Nic AG will use reasonable efforts to make the Name Service available at all times. However, the quality and availability of the service may be affected by factors outside our control such as but not limited to: fire, flood and subsidence, physical obstructions, atmospheric conditions, acts of God, industrial action, default or failure of a third party. The service may also be affected by faults in national and international telecommunication networks on which the service may rely.
The registration of a new name will usually take 1-2 working days.
.ag, .com.ag, .net.ag, and .org.ag are currently available to any and all registrants worldwide for the stated fees.
.edu.ag is available ONLY to valid local Antiguan and Barbudan Educational Institutions.
.gov.ag is available ONLY to valid local Antiguan and Barbudan Government departments, agencies, ministries, etc.
In the case of restricted second or third level domains (such as .edu.ag and .gov.ag), applicants may be asked to provide proof of their identity, or details of their existence as a properly constituted Antiguan organisation, and evidence of their ability to meet the conditions for holding such a domain name.
For the purposes of registration policies and prices, Antiguan "offshore" or "International" companies are not considered local Antiguan entities. Nic AG will use established laws and government policies to determine who or what constitues Antiguan entities.
Upon application for registration of a new domain name, name holders agree to be bound by all published policies and terms of service. Where the name holder makes use of an agent, the agent agrees that it has made its client aware of all policies - and - that the client agrees to be bound by those policies.
If there is conflict between an applicant for a new domain name and the holder of an existing name, it is for those parties to resolve the conflict. Any resulting change in registration details of the existing name must be mutually agreed between the parties.
Nic AG does not decide whether an applicant has a legitimate right to the name. The applicant, in lodging the request for the name, warrants that it is entitled to register the name as requested.
Applicants who misrepresent their entitlement to register or use a name are warned that this may result in action from others who claim rights to the name. If Nic AG, or any of their agents, officers or employees incur costs through involvement in disputes over names, any applicant for, or holder of, a name which is subject to a dispute will be liable for those costs.
A domain name may be cancelled or redelegated at any stage where the name holder does not comply with these requirements or fails to meet any fees or other liabilities in connection with the registration or use of the domain name.
Nic AG reserves the right to change any and all policies at any time, providing that such policy changes become effective upon posting on this and other websites.
AG Domain Name Policies
Domain names are registered on "first-come, first-serve" basis. However, the party requesting registration must demonstrate a legitimate interest in the domain name. The registering party also certifies that, to her/his knowledge, the use of this name does not violate trademark or other statutes, that registration of the domain name does not interfere with the rights of any third party, and that the domain name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose. Please see the Uniform Dispute Policy.
Registering a Domain name does not confer any legal rights to that name and any disputes between parties over the rights to use a particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using normal legal methods.
By applying for the domain name and through the use or continued use of the domain name, the applicant agrees to be bound by the terms of current domain name policy.
(If this application is made through an agent, such as an Internet Service Provider, that agent accepts the responsibility to notify the applicant of the conditions on the registration of the domain name. and to provide the applicant a copy of the current version of the Policy Statement, if so requested by the applicant).
The applicant acknowledges and agrees that the terms and conditions of the Policy Statement may change from time to time as provided in the Policy Statement. The applicant agrees that if the use of the domain name is challenged by any third party, or if any dispute arises under the Registration Agreement, as amended, the applicant will abide by the procedures specified in the Policy Statement.
The Registration Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without respect to its conflict of law rules.
1. AGREEMENT. In this Service Agreement ("Agreement") "you" and "your" refer to each customer, "we", us" and "our" refer to NIC AG and "Services" refers to the services provided by us. This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for various Services. By selecting our Services you have agreed to establish an account with us for such Services. When you use your account or permit someone else to use it to purchase or otherwise acquire access to additional Services or to cancel your Services (even if we were not notified of such authorization), this Agreement covers such service or actions. By using the Services under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement and any pertinent rules or policies that are or may be published by us.
2. SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME. We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use infringes legal rights of others, and in particular we suggest you seek advice of competent counsel. You may wish to consider seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should be aware that if we are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we may turn to you to hold us harmless and indemnify us.
3. FEES, PAYMENT AND TERM. As consideration for the services you have selected, you agree to pay us the applicable service(s) fees. All fees payable hereunder are non-refundable unless we provide otherwise. As further consideration for the Services, you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as account information ("Account Information"). You hereby grant us the right to disclose to third parties such Account Information. The Registrant, by completing and submitting the Domain Name Registration Agreement ("Registration Agreement"), represents that the statements in its application are true and that the registration of the selected Domain Name, so far as the Registrant is aware, does not interfere with or infringe upon the rights of any third party. The Registrant also represents that the Domain Name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose or in "bad faith".
4. MODIFICATIONS TO AGREEMENT. You agree, during the period of this Agreement, that we may: (1) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (2) change the services provided under this Agreement. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective immediately on posting of the revised Agreement or change to the service(s) on our web site, or on notification to you by e-mail or regular mail as per the Notices section of this agreement, Section 21. You agree to review our web site, including the Agreement, periodically to be aware of any such revisions. If you do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing us with notice by e-mail or regular mail as per the Notices section of this agreement, Section 21. Notice of your termination will be effective on receipt and processing by us. You agree that, by continuing to use the Services following notice of any revision to this Agreement or change in service(s), you abide by any such revisions or changes. You further agree that we, in our sole discretion, may modify our Dispute Policy at any time. You agree that, by maintaining the reservation or registration of your domain name after modifications to the Dispute Policy become effective, you have agreed to these modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any such modifications, you may request that your domain name be deleted from the domain name database.
5. DOMAIN NAME DISPUTE POLICY. If you reserved or registered a domain name through us, or transferred a domain name to us from another registrar, you agree to be bound by our current Domain Name Dispute Policy ("Dispute Policy") which is incorporated herein and made a part of this Agreement by reference. The current version of the Dispute Policy may be found at our web site: Dispute Uniform Policy. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with such policy.
6. DOMAIN NAME DISPUTES. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the Dispute Policy in effect at the time of the dispute. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy. For any dispute, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of your domicile, the courts of the geographic location indicated by your WHOIS information for your domain name, and the courts of California and New York, United States.
7. AGENTS. You agree that, if an agent for you (i.e., an Internet Service Provider, employee, etc.) purchased our Services on your behalf, you are nonetheless bound as a principal by all terms and conditions herein, including the Dispute Policy.
8. ANNOUNCEMENTS. We reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any Services(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for such Service(s). We and our contractors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the Services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided under this Agreement; (5) loss or liability resulting from the development or interruption of your Web site or email service. The registrant agrees that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of registrant's domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall our maximum liability exceed three hundred (US $300.00) dollars.
10. INDEMNITY. You agree to release, indemnify, and hold us, our contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, of third parties relating to or arising under this Agreement, the Services provided hereunder or your use of the Services, including without limitation infringement by you, or someone else using the E-mail Service with your computer, of any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any person or entity, or from the violation of any of our operating rules or policy relating to the service(s) provided. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name.
11. BREACH. You agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, any operating rule or policy or the Dispute Policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach and that we may provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If within five (5) calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to provide evidence, which is reasonably satisfactory to us, that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, then we may delete the registration or reservation of your domain name or terminate your e-mail account without further notice. Any such breach by you shall not be deemed to be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
12. NO GUARANTY. You agree that, by registration or reservation of your chosen domain name, such registration or reservation does not confer immunity from objection to either the registration, reservation, or use of the domain name.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You agree and warrant that the information that you provide to us to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services is, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurate and complete, and that any future changes to this information will be provided to us in a timely manner according to the modification procedures in place at that time. You agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an "as is," "as available" basis. we expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the our e-mail service or that defects in the Services software will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the our e-mail service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the e-mail service or any transactions entered into through the e-mail service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the e-mail service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
14. REVOCATION. You agree that we may delete your domain name or terminate your right to use other Services if the information that you provided to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services, or subsequently to modify it, contains false or misleading information, or conceals or omits any information we would likely consider material to our decision to register or reserve your domain name. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, delete or transfer your domain name at any time.
15. RIGHT OF REFUSAL. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register or reserve your chosen domain name or register you for other Services, or to delete your domain name within five (five) calendar days from receipt of your payment for such services. In the event we do not register or reserve your domain name or register you for other Services, or we delete your domain name or other Services within such five (5) calendar day period, we agree to refund your applicable fee(s). You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or reserve, or delete your domain name or register you for other Services.
16. ACCEPTABLE USE. Use of a .AG domain name for any unlawful purpose is not permitted and could cause revocation of your domain name without notice. We are not bound to maintain a name registration in active status if any part of your registration agreement or these terms and conditions of use are violated. "Unlawful Use" will be determined based on the laws of the jurisdictions of the .AG Registry (the United States and the States of California and New York).
The sending of unsolicited bulk E-mail ("spam") constitutes theft of service. You agree not to use your .AG domain name(s) for this purpose. Such abuse includes spamming, flooding, or otherwise abusing free search engine services.
You understand and agree that we reserve the right to revoke without refund any .AG name which, in our judgment, has been used for any unlawful purposes, including but not limited to child pornography, child entrapment or abuse, advocacy of hatred, bigotry or violence towards persons or groups on the basis of their religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or other immutable characteristics, theft of E-mail service, or as a source of unsolicited bulk E-mail or as an address to use for replying to unsolicited bulk E-mail, or in violation of our policies with respect to spamming or otherwise abusing free search engine services (see above).
By registering a .AG domain name you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to be bound by this policy.
17. SEVERABILITY. You agree that the terms of this Agreement are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, that term or provision will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect.
18. NON-AGENCY. Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Dispute Policy shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties.
19. NON-WAIVER. Our failure to require performance by the Registrant of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
20. NOTICES. Any notice, direction or other communication given under this Agreement shall be in writing and given by sending it via e-mail or via regular mail. In the case of e-mail, valid notice shall only have been deemed to have been given when an electronic confirmation of delivery has been obtained by the sender, in the case of notice to us to [email protected] or, in the case of notice to you, at the e-mail address provided by you in your Affiliate Program application or as updated from time to time. Mail shall be sent to Nic AG, P.O. Box W1092 Woods Mall, St. John's, Antigua and to you at the mailing address provided in your registration or as updated from time to time. Any e-mail communication shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given on the date of such communication, if such date is a business day and such delivery was made prior to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) and otherwise on the next business day. Any communication sent via regular mail shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given 7 business days after the date of mailing.
21. ENTIRETY. You agree that this Agreement, the rules and policies published us and the Dispute Policy are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our Services. This Agreement and the Dispute Policy supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent.
22. GOVERNING LAW. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS OF THE STATES OF CALIFORNIA AND NEW YORK, APPLICABLE THEREIN WITHOUT REFERENCE TO RULES GOVERNING CHOICE OF LAWS. ANY ACTION RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE STATE COURTS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA OR NEW YORK AND YOU IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
23. INFANCY. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
24. ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN DOMAIN REGISTRATION AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
ag, .co.ag, .com.ag, .net.ag, and .org.ag are currently available
to any and all registrants worldwide for the stated fees.
TLD First 2 Years Charge Subsequent Years
Terms and Conditions of Registration
The contract between Nic AG and the Applicant contains the following terms and conditions:
BEFORE an application is made, the applicant will fully read this Terms & Conditions contract in entirety, confirming the Applicant's acceptance of these terms and conditions. Once an application is submitted, these terms and conditions will be binding on the Applicant.
The applicant will pay the initial registration fee to Nic AG immediately after verifying that the Domain Name is registered using our searchable WHOIS, and the credit card charges (if applicable) are approved through the appropriate channels. Nic AG may suspend or delete domain names for which the registration or renewal fees have not been confirmed as being paid.
All registration and renewal fees paid to Nic AG are non-refundable, except for those fees paid for domain name deleted within the first five (5) days grace period following the initial registration.
Once registered, the Applicant is the registrant of the Domain Name, and assumes all responsibility for any future obligations, trademark disputes, maintenance fees etc. required to maintain or to modify the Domain Name.
In the event of dispute of ownership or control of a domain, Applicant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy found here.
The Applicant warrants to Nic AG that the details submitted by the Applicant to Nic AG are true and correct, and that future additions or alterations to those details will be true and correct.
The Applicant agrees to use the services provided by Nic AG as permitted by applicable local, state and federal laws. The Applicant will not use these services to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law.
Spam Policy: We reserve the right, in extreme circumstances, to revoke without refund any domain name services (Domain Registrations, E-mail Forwarding/Domain Forwarding) which, in our judgement, has been used for any unlawful purpose, including theft of email service, or as a source of unsolicited bulk email or as an address to use for replying to unsolicited bulk email.
This spam policy does not apply to email return addresses used without the owners knowledge or consent, however.
No sudomains can be set up through the Nic AG Domain Forwarding services. For example, "mail.yourdomain.com" can not be set up on our DNS.
Domain Forwarding will only work when "www.yourdomain.com" or "yourname.com" (without the WWW) is entered in the browser address window. No other DNS entries will be configured in the DNS records of Nic AG.
When changing the owner and contact information, including the addresses, the owner will need to supply Nic AG with a signed letterhead of approval for their domain name changes. All domain transfers must be approved by the domain owner in writing.
A domain name can only be modified/transferred by one of the contacts listed under the registered domain name, or by the sponsoring partner or registrar.
Each registrant is allowed free domain modifications via the automated registrar's interface. Nic AG reserves the right to assess modification charges against the registrant in cases of excessive modifications.
Nic AG reserves the right to modify or to make additions to its domain name service policies at any time without notice.
1.Nic AG will not guarantee that the Domain Name being applied for will be registered for the applicant.
2. Nic AG does not accept the responsibility for the use of any Domain Name for any conflict with trade marks, registered or unregistered, or with rights to names in other contexts.
3. Nic AG may attempt to avoid the registration of Domain names that are potentially disputable, but will not be held responsible in the event that a dispute does arise. Nic AG is entitled to reject an application which it considers as being offensive, unsuitable or likely to be involved in a trade mark dispute.
4. Nic AG may change the terms and conditions contract only on renewal or transfer of the Domain Name. All accounts will be subject to the terms and conditions current at the time of the registration, renewal or transfer.
Disputes between Domain Name Holders and Third Parties
The applicant acknowledges that any third party may, for whatever reason, challenge the use by the applicant of the domain name before an Administrative Domain Name Challenge Panel (ACP) in accordance with the WIPO ACP rules.
The applicant further acknowledges that the decisions of an ACP may determine rights of applicant or other parties or both to the use of a particular domain name, and that, with respect to its right to use a particular domain name or names, it will be bound by ACP decisions.