The perfect domain extension for companies doing business in Sydney and surrounding communities, as well as companies planning to expand into Australian markets in the future.
|Sunrise ||December 4, 2014 -- February 3, 2015 |
|Landrush / EAP ||December 4, 2014 -- February 13, 2015 |
|General Availability ||February 17, 2015 |
"Several new “GEO” TLDs are launching, as part of the overall new gTLD program, to allow anyone to register domains that represent a local geographic community. Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Registering a .sydney domain(s) enables companies doing business in this Australian region, or organizations serving the local community, to secure shorter and more relevant domain names for their web site(s).
Registering a .sydney GEO TLD extension for your brand will help you grow your business, by letting your customers and prospects know exactly who you are, what you do, and where you do it. And it will help boost advertizing and help you promote your business (or yourself) more effectively online, increasing search rankings for your business. Be sure to get the .sydney domain name you want before it's taken."
Available renewal terms:
Are individual .sydney registrations allowed? | Yes
▼Will I need to provide additional information to register a .sydney domain name? | Yes
Registration is limited to Victorian residents and business, and other entities with an interest in the state of Victoria, Australia. Applicant must satisfy one of the following criteria in order to register or renew a .MELBOURNE domain name:
Criteria A – Victorian Entities: The applicant must be an entity registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission or the Australian Business Register that:
1) has an address in the State of Victoria associated with its ABN, ACN, RBN or ARBN; or
2) has a valid corporate address in the State of Victoria.
Criteria B – Victorian Residents: The applicant must be an Australian citizen or resident with a valid address in the State of Victoria.
Criteria C – Associated Entities: The applicant must be an Associated Entity. The applicant may only apply for a domain name that is an exact match or partial match to, or an abbreviation, or an acronym of:
- the business name of the applicant, or name by which the applicant is commonly known ( i.e. a nickname) and the business name must be
registered with the appropriate authority in the jurisdiction in which that business is domiciled; or
- a product that the Associated Entity manufactures or sells to entities or individuals residing in the State of Victoria;
- a service that the Associated Entity provides to residents of the State of Victoria;
- an event that the Associated Entity organizes or sponsors in the State of Victoria;
- an activity that the Associated Entity facilitates in the State of Victoria; or
- a course or training program that the Associated Entity provides to residents of the State of Victoria. Proxy services are not allowed.
▼ Do restrictions apply to some .sydney domain names? | Yes
Names that match, contain misspellings of, or are recognizable variations of, any of the seven words identified in Federal Communications Commission v. Pacifica Foundation, 438 U.S. 726 (1978) are restricted.
Are IDNs available? | No
Related Domain Extensions: