Purpose of the Role:
Safenames is a domain name registrar which manages the portfolios of some of the largest global corporate businesses in the world. The Safenames Legal department provides a specialist legal service with an emphasis on online brand protection and domain dispute resolution.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be providing administrative support to the legal department and conducting evidence led investigations relating to trademark infringements online. You will also be administering the legal process to protect our client's brands including website and social media takedowns, drafting of cease and desist letters as well as filing complaints through arbitration.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Exercising decision-making skills on complex trademark and brand protection matters
- Conduct investigations into potential trademark violations and brand abuse on the Internet
- Implement and enforce brand protection strategies
- Draft and prepare accurate, well-written reports for clients on the implementation and enforcement of brand protection strategies online
- Administer the legal process for enforcing client’s trademark rights online
- Occasionally attend meetings, conferences and training workshops within the UK and abroad
- Maintain our internal legal case database
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective professional internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to take responsibility for own workload and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise judgement in cases, based on evidence and to present cases/arguments clearly and rationally
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on concise and accurate comprehension, and written skills
- Capable of factual analysis and identifying relevant issues
- Ability to absorb knowledge fast, and apply it in real time
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team orientated environment
- High level of initiative and self-directed in own development
- Highly proficient IT skills
- Experience with meeting client needs by providing a professional, proactive service.
- Law Graduate
- Sufficient knowledge of Trademarks, Domain Names, IP Infringement and social media very desirable
- Previous experience as a Paralegal a plus
About Safenames Legal Service:
We are recognized as one of the top representatives for domain name arbitration and online enforcement. As specialists of Domain Name Law, Safenames Legal has over 15 years’ experience in online trademark enforcement and our success rate and customer satisfaction are both testimony to this.
Safenames Legal Service offers clients a wide range of legal consultancy services in relation to domain names owned by third parties. We represent clients within a variety of industries; from commercial banks who wish to recover domains previously used for phishing, to technology companies who require the deactivation of websites used to circulate malicious software. No matter what the challenge, we have built up a vast amount of experience in helping well over 100 different clients to successfully navigate the domain dispute process.
For more information about the role, or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
Direct applicants only - we will not consider any applications via agencies.